THE BREEDER OF BRITISH SHORTHAIR CATS AND BRITISH LONGHAIR CATS OF SILVER SHADED, GOLDEN SHADED, AND CHINCHILLA COLORS WITH BLUE AND GREEN EYES. WE OFFER KITTENS FOR SALE AND ADOPTION. OUR CATTERY IS LOCATED IN WASHINGTON STATE, USA
CONDITIONS OF SALE:
1. The Breeder guarantees that the kitten/cat is in good health at the time of sale. The Breeder gives one-year genetic guaranty from the day the kitten is born. Upon receipt of written statement from the examining veterinarian accompanied by all veterinary documentation and tests/lab results, which support the diagnosis, and the diagnosis verified by an independent veterinarian that there’s genetic health problem, the breeder will replace with kitten from the next available litter of equal value. Any presence of actual or possible virus or bacteria in cat’s body (FVR, FeCoV, FIP, etc.) does not indicate and cannot determine genetic origination of the disease or genetic disorder. These microorganisms can be obtained from anywhere and at any time. If the kitten administered with FeLV, FIV, FIP, Ringworm, Hookworm or any modified live virus vaccines (MLV) it will void all health and genetic guarantees since cats can develop severe illnesses and serious side effects from administering MLV.
2. The kitten will be inoculated at least twice against the following: Panleukopenia, Feline Rhinotracheitis, and Calicivirus.
3. The kitten will have internal and external preventative treatments by the time the kitten is ready for pick-up/delivery.
4. It is suggested that the buyer will take the kitten/cat to their veterinarian (at Buyer’s expense) within the first three days after receiving the kitten from the breeder for their satisfaction and protection. If the vet has strong evidence that the animal is ill and that the illness was present before the sale, the breeder should be contacted at once, before any major treatment (e.g., euthanasia, chronic diagnosis, contagious virus, or infectious disease, etc.) begins, except in an emergency. Vet statement must be accompanied by all veterinary documentation and tests/lab results, which support the diagnosis, and the diagnosis must be verified by an independent veterinarian. Should kitten/cat die at any time after possession and while this health guarantee is in force, an autopsy is required at purchasers’ expense, the results to be given to seller in writing from the veterinary professional who performed the necropsy. The breeder will (upon receipt of a statement from the examining veterinarian that the illness was present prior to sale) replace with the kitten from the next available litter of equal value. The total liability of the breeder shall in no case exceed the purchase price listed on the first page of this contract.
5. The Buyer is responsible for shipping/delivery costs. The Breeder does not accept the responsibility of animal death due natural causes if the kitten is shipped alone. Shall the kitten been traumatized during transportation after leaving a cattery, the breeder does not carry the responsibility of any vet bills unless written authorization states such.
6. Kittens/cats going to a multi-cat/animal household should be kept separate from other pets until checked by your vet. The quarantine is required the first two weeks from other animals in the house.
7. All shipping, insurance, airline, and airport delivery charges shall be paid in full by the purchaser (if any of it applies). The breeder is not responsible for cat/kitten lost or stolen after acceptance by the airline carrier. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to file a claim with the airline carrier if a shipment is lost, stolen, damaged, or delayed. The breeder shall provide all reasonable cooperation to the buyer for any such claim, such as providing evidence of delivery to the carrier. In the event the carrier will only accept a claim from the shipper, breeder agrees to file a claim on behalf of the buyer, and the buyer will cooperate with breeder’s claim. The breeder shall make all reasonable attempts to safeguard travel of said animal, including reinforcement of carrier clips, appropriate labeling, and adequate transport bedding. Shipping and delivery fees are not refundable.
8. The remaining balance of the purchased price and shipping charges should be paid in full by the purchaser one week before scheduled shipping date. The Breeder is responsible to book a flight and provide the confirmation number for the reservation. The kitten must be picked up or shipped by 13 weeks of age. The breeder can hold the kitten longer with prior arrangements only. If the kitten is not picked up on time, or the remaining balance is not paid to the breeder by the shipping/delivery date agreed by both parties, the kitten is becoming available again.
9. The kitten will not be mistreated and will have fresh well-balanced food, water and a clean litter box always. The kitten will receive constant and kind human attention. The kitten/cat will be provided with a scratching post or board, as well as plenty of toys. The cat must be kept indoors always and must not be allowed to roam free outside except enclosed runs approved for cats. While in the outdoors, the cat must be held in a carrier, stroller, or on a leash unless it is harming the kitten's mental or physical health.
10. A non-refundable deposit of $500 begins the process of adopting a kitten. In case the breeder refuses to sell the kitten for any reason, the deposit is REFUNDED IN FULL to the buyer.
11. The kitten will not be altered prior shipping/pick up from the breeder. Purchaser agrees to alter this kitten NO LATER than 8 months or 240 days of age. Under NO circumstances shall this cat be used for breeding and not be allowed to produce any offspring. The Breeder must forward the kitten’s registration paperwork on Purchaser’s name after veterinary proof confirming spay/neuter is received. CERTIFICATE OF CASTRATION MUST INCLUDE THE MICROCHIP NUMBER OF THE KITTEN AND MUST BE NOTARIZED AND SHOULD BE SENT BY MAIL TO THE BREEDER within 10 days after altering.
12. The kitten/cat will receive a yearly veterinary examination to include any care needed to maintain the ongoing good health of this animal. The kitten/cat will not be denied veterinary care at any time.
13. Ear cropping, tail docking, de-meow, etc. is prohibited unless it is performed by certified veterinarian due to life-threatening health conditions.
14. Under no conditions shall the cat ever be turned over to a pet shop, animal shelter, humane society, cat rescue program, research facility, or all similar types of facilities engaged in the business of animals, for whatever reasons or purposes.
15. The breeder does not guarantee the appearance of the kitten will stay the same as the cat grows to full size. The breeder does not guarantee how this cat will look like when fully matured (exact size, weight, color, etc.)
16. The breeder is not responsible and cannot be held liable for cats and kittens’ behavior changes due to stress and exposure to new environments.
17. The breeder makes no guarantees as to the kitten’s temperament. We pride ourselves on socializing our kittens, but we cannot predict how the kitten will act after leaving the familiar environment. It is Purchaser’s responsibility to slowly transition Kitten to its new home. Purchaser acknowledges that some kittens may take longer than others to adjust to their new surroundings.
18. The breeder is not responsible for the kitten's lifespan or the kitten itself besides genetic health issues which are explained above.
19. All pictures, videos or any other media that was created by SilverTales is the property of SILVERTALES CATTERY and is copyrighted.
20. Purchaser agrees that any violation of the terms of this contract may result in the surrender of said cat/kitten, any registration/pedigree papers, to expect no reimbursement of the purchase price, deposit or expenses incurred, and the purchaser may be subject to monetary damages to the seller. If the purchaser violates any terms regarding neutering/spaying explained in the paragraph 11 on the second page of this contract, or the purchaser performs any major medical action without breeder acknowledgment, this contract will be void.